The Kresser Plumbing family roots began in the Fort Findlay community over a century ago when Anthony Kresser Sr. first open the doors at 615 South Main St. Since its founding, Kresser Plumbing and Heating has always been a family operated company. Following in the footsteps of Anthony Sr, Larry and his brother Gene began to work for their father, perfecting the trade, and representing the second generation of Kresser plumbers to service Findlay and the surrounding county. Upon Anthony Sr.’s retirement, the torch was passed to Larry, who officially took over Kresser Plumbing in 1950. For 25 years, Larry continued to successfully operate the family business on 423 Rear Western Avenue, just steps from the Saint Michael church, and his childhood home.
In 1973, with his tour of duty complete Larry Jr. traded in his army fatigues for a wrench when he began work for Beppler and Staley Plumbing. Through completing his apprenticeship later that year, Larry stayed on with Beppler and Staley for another six years; however, in March of 1980, Kresser Plumbing and Heating passed to a third generation, when Larry Jr. opened the plumbing shop doors at 131 North Cory St., in downtown Findlay. For 30 years Kresser Plumbing served the Findlay community from its North Cory home, but recently made the move to 121 Center St. where it continues to provide the area with expert plumbing, heating and air-conditioning services.